Thursday 1 May 2014

Vintage Makeup Class



"The two wings of your CAT EYE might not be identical. 
So ACCEPT IT." 

                                                                               ~a quote from tumblr~


So last week was my Vintage makeup class. 
I brought Nyet Ying my friend as a model. It is very sweet of her to purposely come with a floral basics as it really complement to the vintage look later on. ^^ 

Well, my tutor taught me more to a 1960's makeup style rather than the usual glamorous classic vintage makeup that i was highly anticipating....hehee anyway we had a lot of fun + messy situation too~ 
In the example pictures below you can see the upper eyelid liners are much more longer and it covers the whole socket line. But on my makeup class, my tutor taught me with shorter liners, forgot to ask them why..maybe shorter liners look more natural?? hmmmm 



the 1960's makeup look 



Based on my observation, vintage makeup consist of the following features:
- Very white skin base, powdery smooth finish (matte) 
- Winged/highly arched , thin, monocolor (usually very dark) brows
-Winged eyeliners, thicker at the tail
- matte eyeshadows (combi of brown + white/whitish yellow) 
-red chilli lipstick, matte type 
-pale blushers 
-and the trademark mole can be placed according to preferences hehee........

so voila, here is wht i did on tht day! 

a before and after! not quite satisfied tho..due to repeated corrections..haih...gotta improve more 




lovin' this pic



went bck home and tried out this look on myself 


Add caption

a ghostly look of me lolx

   
fake fringe yeay or nay?? >.<
was playing aroound with my hair and made a fake fringe
                         





No comments:

Post a Comment